Sunday, October 23, 2011

Here we go!

Image via here

Sixteen months ago my little sunshine was born and everything changed. I love my little girl to pieces and she just gets more and more fun every day but I'm not gonna lie - it's been tough at times. I went back to work just before Miss M turned 1 and between work and Miss M I haven't had a minute to myself. Although I'm close to my pre-pregnancy weight my body just isn't the same as it used to be and neither is my fitness. Enough excuses, I'm pulling myself out of my rut, starting today.

Here's what I'm setting out to achieve:
  1. Be a good role model for my girl. I want Miss M to grow into a fit and active girl, and to eat well too. How can I expect that from her if I don't set the right example?
  2. Increase my energy levels. Some days I feel like a zombie just waiting for the next coffee. I want to be full of beans just like Miss M.
  3. Drop a few kilos. I probably have about 6 kilos to lose to get down to my ideal weight. I know, it's not a lot, but those last few kilos are always the hardest right? I feel so much better about myself when I'm lighter, and it's so much easier to shop for clothes too.
  4. Conquer my vices: Starbucks and sugary foods. 
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment