Saturday, October 29, 2011

Shopping for jeans

I went for a run again today, but this time I took it outdoors and hit the pavement.  It was tough, but I clocked 3kms in just over 19 minutes.  I must admit a stopped at the traffic lights and again at the halfway mark for a few moments.  It was lovely though to be out in the sunshine.  Must do this more often!

When I got home Mr Perfect and Miss M had lunch waiting for me.  A fresh bread roll full of salad.  It was delicious.

But I digress. What I really wanted to talk about was jeans.  I bought a pair of in-between jeans after Miss M was born and wore them literally to death.  Last weekend they finally gave up and split and I had to throw them away.  So, I'm in the market for a new pair.  I've been buying my jeans from shopbop for a few years now.  A huge range, great prices and free international shipping is hard to beat.  So what do you think of these options:

Citizens of Humanity Slim Boot Cut Jeans.  Dark rinse (slimming) 7.5 inch rise (maybe too low for me and my muffin top).  Bit pricey too at $242.
Via shopbop.com
MiH Sugarland Boot Cut Jeans.  9 inch rise (much better), also with a dark (but not as dark rinse).  Also at $242 maybe a bit exy for me.  Nice jeans though.
Via shopbop.com
James Jeans Skinny Boot Cut.  Only $145.  8.5 inch rise.
Via shopbop.com
7 For All Mankind Skinny Boot Cut.  8 inch rise, $155.  I like the plain pockets, not the typical sevens pocket detail.  Not 100% about the contrast stitching.
Via shopbop.com
I'm loving the new skinny boot cut style, I haven't seen that before, but I think it's a great alternative to skinny jeans.  I'm so glad I'm old enough to know better than to try to follow that trend.  A younger me might not have been so clever.  

So what do you think?  Which ones should I go for?

No comments:

Post a Comment